Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

Have you made your resolutions yet?  I’m sure many of us have! I know my resolution is to continue, to practice patience, and also to start my meal planning as a part of my fitness regimen and to read about 15 new books this year!  But let’s be honest, do we always stick to what we say we are going to do?  I know I never do! I make these resolutions and about one week later I cut my reading goal down to half, I forget that I am meal planning and I am scavenging around my kitchen trying to find healthy options, to avoid the batch of brownies on the counter. I mean, I had a great intentions from the get go, but I fall short every day.   

We make our own plans and our own goals yearly, daily, weekly whatever it may be.  But have we ever considered asking our heavenly father what plans he has for us?   Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”  I love how God has our lives fully planned out.  See, what I think is really incredible is that, all we have to do is obey him and do what he has in store for us. But, how do we know what he has planned for us?  We must seek him!   Proverbs 8:17 “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.” God loves it when we seek him! And when we do we will always find him! Sometimes we may even find him in the unexpected places.  (For me it’s when I’m at the gym listening to old school Steven Curtis Chapman. There you can usually find me running on the treadmill with my eyes closed, with tears streaming down my face from time to time.)  The Lord is everywhere! He is omnipresent! We don’t have to be in a Church to worship him or even to think of him.  God has a plan for each one of us.  He wants us to call upon him; he wants us to ask what we should do with the lives that he has given us.  Our job is to be a willing participant.

Friends I hope that you will diligently pray about what God has in store for your lives.  By doing this we will be able to attain everything he has in store for us.  His plans are only for good and never for evil.  The Lord wants to give us a future that we can only dream about.  I pray for a wonderful new year for you all and that God will give you what your heart desires.  But we must first pursue him to really know what he has in store for our lives. Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”


Have a blessed day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment