Wednesday, January 8, 2014

To Honor and Serve






Have you ever been in a disagreement with someone?  And has it just spiraled out of control that you don’t even know what you’re fighting about?  Yea, been there, done that, and will most likely do that again (to be truthfully honest).  However; I think before I let that happen again, I will definitely keep one thing in mind. Would I say disgraceful things, and use my tongue as a weapon if God were standing right in front of me?  I’ll answer that boldly and say NOT A CHANCE!  I honestly think if I could physically see the Lord with my human eyes everything would be completely irrelevant! I would focus all my energy and everything on him.

In the Bible it says this in 1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” I hope you find that just as interesting as I do. I mean down to the last drop literally! Whatever we do, he wants us to do it unto him.  So I began to reflect about my relationships and started to become very convicted…. I thought to myself….. “How can I handle an out of control circumstance a little better? ( and here’s where I had my AHA! moment)  by  looking beyond the shoulder of the person, that I’m at odds with, and looking to God.  I realized something…while not trying to be irreverent to the person I’m at odds with.  I should see them as being irrelevant.  Although, honoring and loving a difficult person may seem impossible at times. If I remind myself look pass them and focus on God it becomes a bit easier. Since, I certainly know I am very capable of living my life to be pleasing to my creator. John 13:34-35 says 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” What I really like about this is that God does not give us an option, it’s a command! And he doesn't say that we should” “love another….If the person is nice, or if we think they deserve it.”  It’s a statement, it’s a command.

 Personally, I know this makes me feel a bit relieved.  Because I know at some points I can be unlovable! I know that there are things that I do that can be unloving, but God loves me regardless.  Therefore I should love everyone regardless of their attitude, or their attitude problem, for that matter.  I am called to love because I am called to honor and serve God.  Friends we are called to loved and we are all called to honor God.  Look beyond the shoulder of your adversary and see the king, because even though we can’t see him he’s always watching us.





No comments:

Post a Comment