Tuesday, September 23, 2014

No Pain No Gain




For a while I was using my pain as AMO...I was using it to throw in the face of those who hurt me. I had it locked up inside of me and I held onto it and I used when need be..while really the only one I was hurting was myself...I was miserable. I decided one day to give it God.  Literally, I was in my closet getting dressed and I said "I don't want to feel like this any longer"  I asked God to take away my hurt and my anger at the person who hurt me. The Lord heard my prayers and he took that pain away. How did that pain go away? It wasn't easy..... But I chose to forgive. Why did I do this?  because I am forgiven.  Matthew 6:14-15 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins". 

 The worst pain I've experienced in my life has brought about the biggest change in me. Spiritually, mentally, and physically. Does it still hurt? Yes. But I don't live there anymore. I moved on. I am better than what my past did to me. I am strong and fierce. I can handle whatever comes my way. Not because of my own capabilities, but because of what God has equipped we with. I thank him daily for standing up for me when I couldn't stand. He is my rock and my fortress. There is light beyond your darkness...there is peace where you never knew. Our pain is not meant to debilitate us, were not meant to live in it, we are meant to move on from it and learn from it. 2 Samuel 22:3 "my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge."








No comments:

Post a Comment