Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Transformation Tuesday



63 pounds down and counting! 


A Lot of you have asked me about when I really started my transformation for the Lord.  It started about last year and I weighed in at 250 pounds at my doctors office.  I joined a gym one week later..... I walked into that gym feeling like the biggest person in the room, and could barley walk 1 mile without being severely short of breath. After 2 months of faithfully going to the gym and eating well I began to see an improvement in my body.  I realized that I also needed to improve my spiritual health as well.  I began to read my Bible and pray daily and I put God first every morning.

My family and I always went to church but, we were off and on...But from that time until now we go weekly.  What I learned is that God used my physical stature to improve my spiritual well being.  God wants us whole. He wants us well to serve him.  When I was severely overweight I didn't want to serve him. I really did want to do anything more than I had to do really. But the transformation of my physical body made me look deep within my core and I examined many things that I didn't like about myself. I then decided that not only did my physical body need a change but so did my spiritual body.

I thank God everyday that I had to physically hit rock bottom, so that I could climb....I climbed the mountain of cant's, of impossibles, of laziness...I overcame them. By no means do I have a perfect body, however; I am a daily work in progress as we all are...physically, mentally and spiritually.  Do I fall off the bandwagon from time to time? YEP! but I think the most important part is to get back on and start again. Not only is it the most important part, but it's the hardest.  Believe in yourself, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are worth it! you are here for a purpose and you have a job to do! God wants you well and he wants you whole! Serve the Lord in all that you do and everything will fall into place.





No comments:

Post a Comment