Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Transformation Tuesday




The one question that I get asked frequently about my weight loss journey is how did I change my snacking habits?  I was a horrible snacker before…our kitchen counter was littered with sweet goodies.  I would take, a bite here, take a bite there and it would add up quickly.  I loved chips, salsa, nachos, cakes, cookies, lots of sweets you name it! If it was terrible I was most likely eating it.  But what I discovered through my weight loss journey was that if I didn't kick that habit I was just going to the gym for no apparent reason and just eating my calories back in seconds….literally in seconds.  

 So, needless to say I changed my snacking habits drastically.  What I hear from so many people is that it’s the food…and I agree! the food is absolutely the most challenging part for all of us.  I know that if someone told me that If I had to spend 4 hours a day at the gym but I could eat whatever I wanted I would have no problem with that….The discipline is in the kitchen….

With that said I changed my habits…my snacks are typically around 120 calories or less and I’m a portion person…I think for everyone it’s different.  I like to have a lot of something so what I did was try to find things that were low in calories and that I could have a lot of.  Pretty much, I live off of olives, hot and sweet peppers, and spicy vegetables for an “anytime snack” If I want a little nibble this is what I go to because it’s quick and it’s satisfying to me.

These are exactly what I snack on a daily basis...
The Sweet Peppers are fairly large and you can have 3 pieces for 15 calories!
The Giardiniera which is my favorite (the spicy vegetables) you can have 5 pieces for 5 calories and for the Olives you can have 24 of these for 18 calories!

Like I said I am a portion person...If I see that I can have a plate of of all that for under  38 calories I then add a protein which is 2 laughing cow cheese wedges for 35 calories each  which means that I have a nice little platter that would be only 108 calories and it's super satisfying and delicious! 

64lbs down and counting! 


I am not a dietitian, I am only telling you what has worked for me.   Always consult with your doctor before changing your diet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment